Awry, Amiss, Amok

 

Mkay y'know how I have in the past made mention of Le Parkour aka Freerunning? Well yesterday Tere and I went out for a very scientific session and used logic to overcome our fears. One fear in particular was 'if I do anything wrong here I will break my face and maybe die.' We made a little video. Take note of how high that is, when I am standing at the base for reference — that is definitely the scariest thing I have ever done in my whole life.

The video's in .3gp format, you might need to use Real Player.

P.S.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have problems, big problems~!I mean grow up!

Richard D. Bartlett said...

I have problems? You're the one with large stinky turds all over your face and in your mouth and a little bit on your pants!

Anonymous said...

Have ya tried bungee jumping in New Zealand?
You got to try it.
A RUSH to say the least.
But we all have to start somewhere.

Sambo said...

RDB, was it scarier than off Peters back at Seb's house?

Richard D. Bartlett said...

different kind of scary Matt. the bus tunnel was a prolonged and increasing terror, but it didn't have any definite starting point. the jump was all terror until I was mid-air and then it was flippin sweet. Obviously, it took many minutes of getting increasingly scared before I did it.

Allan Mansfield said...

is vanessa dunn a librarian?

Richard D. Bartlett said...

no Al, turd merchant

Allan Mansfield said...

thats why they invented the word librarian, it doesn't sound as bad as turd merchant.

Anonymous said...

Are you planning on jumping off the roof of the house? Should we get a trampoline?

Richard D. Bartlett said...

trampolines are for pussies. concrete baby!

and i'll start updating when i stop working for more than 7 minutes at a stretch

Daniel McClelland said...

Flippin cool that you beat out SoaD lyrics. Ten points.