Awry, Amiss, Amok

 

Last night I rocked up to Peter's house about nine or ten and finished a diabolical sudoku while he cleared the shattered glass from his bedroom (BB gun/blowfly/flouro light bulb). His place was uncharacteristcally quiet so when we finished we decided to go for a walk. We got a six-pack of Monteiths Black and a bag of Maltesers from Chafers and had a midnight picnic on the deck of the Yatch Club, chatting about life, and being awesome, and how crap playgrounds are these days. On the way back up to his girlfriend's house, we risked our lives sneaking through a construction site and I came within moments of being apprehended for public urination by five policemen. We played with the kitten (Gus, a.k.a. P-fiend) at Anna's for a while and on my home I realised that was probably the last time I do anything like that for at least a year: seeing as I'm moving to a non-pedestrian city with zero good buddies.

3 comments:

Allan Mansfield said...

that sounds ace. playgrounds these days ARE shit. so so shit.
if you move somewhere with a pool in auckland i'll be sure to shit in it myself, and the weeks when I'm not there my coussin will visit to do it....if it makes you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Ahem

Dan said...

Hi Richard,

I've lived here in Auckland for most of my life, and just about anywhere else in New Zealand is a better place to live.

But welcome, anyway.