Awry, Amiss, Amok

 

If I had a dollar for every time I walked down Cuba St with a queen-sized bed on my head, I would have one dollar.

Last night Peter and I had to shift his big bed from his old house by the Renouf Tennis Center to his new house on Left Bank. Being car-less smelly hippies, our only option was to carry the thing. After a few attempts, we found the going easiest with the bed upside-down on our heads. We had only got about 200 metres when some nice dudes called Troy and Wayne offered us a hand/head.

So we walked with one head at each corner, hands in pockets down the length of Cuba Street and up to Pete's new house. I don't know what was funnier - the people who said funny things ('You boys looking to get lucky tonight?'), or the people who made absolutely no acknowledgement of us.

Then I went home and had half a bottle of whiskey, as promised. You missed out.

0 comments: