Awry, Amiss, Amok

 

I'm thinking about renaming this site The Richard D. Bartlett Guide to Nutrition and Fitness:

On Friday night I... how-to-say... made some poor nutrition choices and hence spent Saturday feeling like a cotton bud dipped in bile and broken glass. I felt so rancid as to force myself into my short shorts, out the door and up the hill again. After about half an hour I was just about ready to throw up so I stumbled home, feeling somehow much better about myself.

On Sunday Kathy & I made another restaraunt-grade lunch of potato cakes and sumac chicken. (Do yourself a favour and look for ground sumac next time you do the groceries. It tastes like naturally-occuring MSG. And it makes your chicken purple!) After lunch Tere & I took some Dutch courage and went down to Massey for some parkour. To be fair, we are still psuedo-parkour, but I did get my outside-360 double tic-tac looking quite tight. Some old guy stole our jerseys and we found them in the bin. Then we went up to T's for ninja training. I now know a few pressure points and first position (ichi munji - oh yeah) and I can do silent forwards rolls. So let this be a warning to any packs of 4 fat greek guys with sparkly purple hats - watch your back dickheads, I fully intend to collapse your collective esophagus'!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the penultimate piece of punctuation in this post an apostrophe or an inverted comma, and why'?

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't know restaurant grade if it bit you in the ballsack

Anonymous said...

"hurray" for allan! although to be fair to Rich here, Valentines is classified as a restaurant - as is the cheap and nasty chippie...

Richard D. Bartlett said...

Richface if I knew the answer to that I'd be a wealthy man. I thought it was an apostrophe indicating the plural of esophagus. Should it have been espophagusses? I guess we'll never know...

Allan I'm serious, for a minute there I actually thought I was in a restaurant. Bro, everyone kept saying, "Is this a restaurant?" You've obviously never tasted sumac. But I don't hold that against you, because I know you veet your ring.

And anonymous, get a name or shut up.

Anonymous said...

esophaggi?

Anonymous said...

actually it's esophagi, although i think esophaguses is also acceptable.

Richard D. Bartlett said...

I said, I GUESS WE'LL NEVER KNOW

Anonymous said...

Yeah but pedantry is my middle name. And since 'anonymous' went and put his/her foot in it I thought I'd better rescue him/her from further embarrasment.