Awry, Amiss, Amok

Here's a story:

Last night I had two dreams in quick succession. One started in the ocean, I was swimming in the dark - I was about to go ashore when, ahem, some hot blondie called out, 'I'm still here!' We swam in together and as I lay on my bed she rubbed my back and I drifted into sleep as she sang me the most beautiful song I'd ever heard and it was the closest thing to perfect happiness I've ever conceived of. The next dream, I was in a big house with a lot of rooms and I felt something on my tongue. As I spat, all of my teeth started coming loose and clinking into my hand, black and broken, almost charred. My worst dreams always have me spitting teeth, and this was the worst one yet, all of them came out. All bar one, actually, the one I just spent a grand on (even my nightmares have a sense of humour, evidently). I woke around five in the morning on Peter's couch, hearing a transvestite outside successfully diffuse a fight by inviting her attacker out for a drink. I lay there in the afterglow of these two nearly concurrent dreams in an immensely confused state of bliss and terror. So what's new?

5 comments:

Richard D. Bartlett said...

And yes, before you ask, the hot blondie was of course Christina Aguilera.

Matthew Bartlett said...

an emotional rollercoaster
I just dreamt about drums as usual

lovebites said...

and i dreamt about leaving my baby on the bus. bummer.

Daniel McClelland said...

Xtina is indeed a very talented woman. I have a lot of time for her music.

Bel said...

Dreams about teeth falling out are supposed to be a good omen - I got told they were a sign of incoming wealth when I was fretting about having them night after night.

Praps once you're a moneybags Ms Aguilera get out of your dreams and into your car...?